Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The One and ONLY Banana

Hey there fellow ex-classmates. I've finally returned to blog here since I have some sort of significant news about my tertiary education.

Anyhoo, I've finally decided, after much pondering and confusion and sight-seeing, that I shall be enrolling in Monash University in Sunway. To do what, you ask? Promise you won't shriek in shock or laugh uncontrollably first...

I've decided to the Bachelor in Arts offered at Monash, majoring in Writing and minoring in Communication. Ugh, I hate the thought of being called a Mass Comm student because that's not me, so I'm only minoring in it because my journalist uncle says that learning a bit of PR would be good.

In other words, I'm gonna learn how to write! I guess the VEB rubbed off a little more than did Kali on me in Form Six. And I chose Monash because they don't offer solely Journalism units, but also literature components which no other college that offers Journalism does. OK, Sedaya does, but only as an Introduction. Monash offers Post Colonial Literature and Fiction.

Sounds boring to you folk I know, but to me, yeay! Har har no more Poisson Distribution, complex numbers, lattice structures, tetrachloromethane, polarising effect, biodiversity...GONE. I will miss wrecking my brain over a maths question though, but oh well...

Yes, I am very excited and a little intimidated by the course, because I have no experience in this field and regret not listening to Ben when he urged me to take English Literature for STPM. But really looking forward to meeting peers who are just as literary-inclined, if not more.

The course starts in February, so I still have about SIX months before putting my brain to work. Meanwhile, I'm busy-ing myself with other things and trying to earn some money.

Till then, all the best to those sitting for exams and the like. I'm enjoying my 1 year and two months gap! Hehehehehe.

p/s: One of the staff at Lim Kok Wing didn't believe my STPM results. I don't get it. So hard to believe all B's? Imagine what he'll think of all A's. Might just faint. Can't believe he thought I was lying. Sheesh.

Your friend who speaks no Chinese,
D e n i s e

4 comments:

-conRad- said...

Noooooo .. !! You were suppose to do it in Sedaya with me !!!

Anyways .. I'm not really looking forward to the intro on journalism in Sedaya .. I somehow lost the passion to write .. It all went down the drain after SPM. Haha !!

I can't believe you'll miss maths .. UGH !! The very thought of it (I threw up a little in my mouth) .. :)

SimianD said...

Going by your reviews of the universities, good choice ;-)

My cousin (the one on full Monash scholarship) is there, doing Economics.

And as for that LimKokWing guy, reminds me how I got that LimKokWing scholarship... imagine if I turned up and enrolled.

Oh well, the stuff we'll never know.

BFclassmate said...

good job, and go do some warm up


[Jino] - 有句话说的好, “资源放错地方就是垃圾. 而垃圾方对地方就是资源.”

siedne said...

conrad: maths maths! nice la to feel the accomplishment when you get a question right!

ben: thanx! yea, lim kok wing staff..total nut jobs :p

kinky-jinqy: soooo long nvr call u dat man!! hahahahhaa. go warm up where, gym aa? hehehhe