Saturday, July 14, 2007

Two weeks in UM

I've managed to survive 2 wks in UM. One week of orientation(haluansiswa) and 1st week of lecture.

Orientation. Let me just basically tell you bout my experience in haluasiswa. My experience in orientation seems to be quite same with most of you all. I stay in 2nd college (Kolej Kediaman Tuanku Bahiyah).Yes, all Chinese in my college also speaks mandarin. Luckily i can speak in Mandarin but i'm having great difficulties memorising their chinese name. My college had the most Chinese compared to other college for sesi 07/08. They are 200+ (even more than Malay). Just a few words to sum up the whole week. CHEERS(no voice), spicy foods(sore throat), motivational talks (lullaby song), sleeps(a short nap), no handphone( my hp is confiscated), room (with spider web), shout and scolds by Pembantu mahasiswa(faci), signature of PM.

1st wk of lecture. So after the 1 whole week of suffering, I thought this would be over. Not knowing that another week of suffering is waiting for me. Now I have to get signatures of 50 Chinese signatures and 70 girls seniors. The seniors told us these are 2nd college tradition. And we must greet our Chinese seniors everytime we meet them

"A very good morning to the most HONOURABLE senior lady/ senior gentleman. I'm freshee, (name). May I know your name please?"

Though, through this signature (or what they call interview), I've managed to get to know more seniors friends. They are all very helpful and willing to share their experince as a student of UM and penghuni of 2nd college. And thanks to Esther(senior), whom had brought me to clinic with her bike when i was sick. So in my 2nd wk, i would attend class during the day and get signature during the nights and meal time.

OKlah, that's all from me. I won't be blogging next wk as i'm not allowed to go home next wkend coz got malam mesra something with senior. I really miss the good old days of BF.

Soo Ee

No comments: