Sunday, July 08, 2007

Suz-8th post (PART I)

I'M ALIVE!!! I SURVIVED THE ORIENTATION!!!WOHOOOO!!!

I'm back at home right now..hehe...MISSED my bed, missed good food, missed my TOILET!!!!!! Let me be the first to talk about my first week of uni ya?*winks*

1st of July: Registration day/first day of orientation
Woke up at 7 plus so that i can reach there earlier to meet some friends (that i have recently made and heve never met before). The journey was not that long...eventhough i do live at the opposite end of my uni. Drove past UPM and thought of Val and wondered if she's there already. Finally we reached the entrance of UKM. I thought i was early...but the number of cars ahead of me told me i was not -_-...

Went in to look for my Kolej(that's what they call hostel in UKM) to register myself. My Kolej is named Keris Mas and it's the furthest one compared to the rest!!! Had to make turns here and there..thank god for SIGNBOARDS!!! Oh let me introduce my new friends..there's Ch'ng Zi Man my roommate(a friend of a friend), Stephanie Santigo (Tuition friend and Conrad's close buddy), and Woon Hang(Stephanie's roommate and my coursemate) :):):)

We went to register together and we were allowed to choose our roommates so hehe:) I am so goddamn relieved about that:P Haha..

My impression of the room....OMG!!!! A DUNGEON!!! It's hmm..small...but manageable, but the dirt and dust...really OMG!!!!!!! The walls had marks of cellophane tapes all over...and the floor was filled with dust...my cupboard was filled with dust too! With the help of my parents we managed to get it clean. But the walls were beyond saving. Oh and the toilets...let's just leave the toilets out...*sigh* Then I went back home to shower and have one final sleep on my bed before i let my back suffer the pain of lying on a sponge they call matress. Oh and Wai Loon called me to tell me about his hostel! That lucky boy got to stay in a apartment!!! But he had to share it out with another 8 ppl. BUT still..AND APARTMENT!! *grumbles* At 4 something I was back in my hostel. Orientation started at 5.

First impression of the facilitators...BAD! They made us do stupid cheers and scolded us for not showing much 'semangat'. Honestly..if they had created nicer cheers i wouldn't mind..but their cheer..is *clap clap then muaks muaks* SERIOUSLY!! But if u think mine is bad..wait til u hear Fiona's one...hers is....way way WAY worse..:P Anyway we spent almost the entire evening shouting cheers and listening to some talks about the uni and kolej and applying for some activities for the week. I joined choir under performance. After dinner i thought that was it...BUT NOOOO!!!! They made us go to the hall again for some talks by the pengetua of the hostel and some other big guys..UNTIL ALMOST 2 am!!!!!!! *sigh* and we had to wake up at 5 am the next day...

2nd July - 5th July : Orientation week
Will not go much into details about the week. Meals were bad...all chicken chicken and chicken! No nice veges too..all yellow coloured ones...god knows y...and sometimes we have fishies..always fried..*sigh* I MISS PORK! AKU MAU BABI!!

These few days were filled with a lot of talks and forums and choir practices. Some talks were boring but some were quite good. We had one where they invited 3 parliament ppl to come and debate. THAT WAS REALLY GOOD! I didn't sleep through it:P Haha..And another one where they invited the 2 Malaysian's that were chosen to be astronauts and go explore the space with other international astronauts to talk to us about their experiences so far:) That was another GOOD one:) The rest..well they make really good lullaby:P Hahaha...I slept through most of it:P Hahaha..

Oh we also had a 5km jog thing! Bloody hell...had to walk under the hot sun...for 5km!!!! After that day i turned another shade darker!!*sobsob* And we watched our kolej go against other kolejs' in sports. Well we lost some of it..:(

And i also registered for the subjects i'm taking for my course..hehe..i think i'm allowed to learn a foreign language:) So now i'm between choosing German or French...since my cousin already learnt German i was thinking of taking French. Then my sis says GOOD!So she can learn Spanish when she goes to uni and then between the 3 of us..we can CONQUER EUROPE!!! wuarghahahaha!!!XDXDXD

I saw Chu only once through out the week and met Fiona a couple of times. Seems like we both have the same problem...WE DON'T KNOW MANDARIN!!!!!!!!and all the chinese there speaks nothing but mandarin!!! HELP!!!!!

Okay that's the end of Part I...will be back with Part II shortly..hehe...

littlebuddha @ monkeybutt @ tomato

No comments: