Sunday, September 16, 2007

Update from the bandung panas drinker

So what's new lately?

Well, among other things, I am becoming more and more convinced that the VI's labs are better than UM's. Well, the Form Six ones anyway. Back in the lower forms, the labs weren't very interesting, but Form Six was a really great experience, lab-wise.

Of course, UM has stuff the VI will never have, simply because the VI is not a research university. But here I'm comparing the basic stuff like measuring cylinders, burettes, pipettes and beakers.


Mr Leong received his Master's in Education (Maths) and Mr Nik Dzulkefli (Li Fah and Li-Shia's Business teacher) received his M.Ed. as well, but I'm not sure in what subject.

Soo Ee, Yin Ching and I met the Leong family: his parents and brother!


Turtles in UM do strange things.


At long last, I made contact with Debbie. That leaves only one UM Victorian I've yet to meet: Priya from L/U6A1. (Does anyone know which college she's in?)

It was the most unlikely of circumstances, actually. I was having supper at my college's mamak with some of my friends after a late meeting in college. It was around two-something in the morning.

Out of nowhere, Debbie and two friends from her secondary school sat at the table next to mine; she recognised me first, and it took me awhile to put two and two together beneath her spectacles and funky new hairstyle!

I certainly did not expect to see her in, of all places, my college (and at such an odd time too!). She lives in 12th College, which is in the other end of UM. Turns out she and Yean Khinn (one of my closest friends and coursemates) were from the same school (Hwa Lian) in Taiping.

What a small world. ;-)

No comments: