Tuesday, August 04, 2009




This is my current picture. From left: my coursemate, my 'sifu' in the company and of course, ME!!

Die-loh, Bf class had so much activities yet I didn't even join one!! My fault, my fault, alwalys said tired from working. Really, studying is far more better than working (what kind of grammar is this?). Although I was absent from those events, I feel happy to see the pictures. happy Belated (I mean really late!:P) birthday to Soo. And Happy Birthday to Ben also (31st July, is it? sorry if I'm wrong)

Ah-hem(clearing my throat), after looking at the pics, I see some of you has changed a lot physically. Haha, I really have no rights to comment on how people looks, but as friends, mind if I say something?

1. Phon 'shrink' a lot. He really looks like diferrent people when I last saw him( it was last year, hihi...long time ago)Looked leaner and sturdier!!

2. Why Pai Kai looks like Ekin Cheng? I mean his hair style. And his arms are a lot bigger than before. Pak Kai, are you planning to cast in a kung fu movie?

3. I nearly didn't recognise Li-Shia. She changed a lot too.

4. For the rest like Fiona- look cute as always. I still can recognise her in 100 years to come. Haha!!
Li Ling- as pretty as always. By the way, there is a chemist in the company I was training in who looks a bit like Li Ling.
Len Yi, Melody, Soo, Denise (hair grew longer), Valerie have no distinct changes but looks prettier now.
As for the guys, Chu is Chu and Jino is Jino and Wai Loon is a slimmer Wai Loon. But I saw Kian Ti is becoming a more former person. He wore shirt in both gatherings, right? He was called prime minister for something.Same as Kah Loong. No change in terms of looks, so no comment.

I apologized if I hurt your feelings regarding my comments. By the way, don't blacklist me in BF gatherings in the future because I did't join you guys for more than 3 times (like clubs and societies in school)!! Just kidding.

Now the semester has started a month ago and everyone is busy, I suppose. Me too, I don't even have time to rest. Yeah, I promise to share my experiences during my training. My job was preparing samples (food, water and industrial samples) for metal detection by AAS and ICP-OES. So, I dealt a lot with hot plates, reflux, acids, and other chemicals. I also prepared chemical solutions like standards, diklute acids, etc. The working room had no air-cond (the only room that had no air-cond in the company)so, it was very hot with hot plates open at full scale from 8am to 6pm. The room also smelled acid. Well, the problem was not the condition of the room, but the chemist in instrument department whom I prepared samples for. That b**ch was dreally annoying and I lost my sanity every day when dealing with her. She always critised the way I did my work and the most unbearable thing was SAMPLE CONTAMINATION. I didn't know what the hell happen to her that she always told me that 'this is contaminated, that's contaminated' although I was very sure that I did everything carefully and I followed exactly like the other trainee who taught me all the work. She did not say anything before the trainee left, but hell broke lose when she left. That b**ch alwalys complained me ever since. Let call that b**ch X.

Another problem was finding samples. Because the samples were used by many departments, succesfully found samples was like winning lottery. Samples were often not in the place they should be. And because of that,I spent a lot of time finding the samples and then make my job delayed. Problem was, the digested samples MUST sent to X before 3 pm everyday. If I was late, X urged me to be faster next time with a face of a gorilla!!

Yet another problem was there was distilled water shortage!! This was the MAJOR headache. Initially, there were 2 distillator but later, one was out of order. From the 1st day of my work till my last day, the distilled water was never enough. So, I had to ration the water and by the end of the day, there was no water left for tomorrow. I came to work early, so every morning, I took the water for my usage. If not, there would be no water left!!

The working hour of the company was 8.30am-6 pm, but I started my work as early as 7.50am. If not, my job would not be finished. So, can you imagine couping in the work load was heavy + shortage of water + time rushing + crazy b**ch for two months? That's more. When X found contamination, she alerted my team leader (a higher ranking chemist who was also a b**ch. The team leader would told me to discard the so-called contaminated solutions and prepare the new one. Discarding and preparing were not a problem, but where I'm suppose to find distilled water? When I asked such question, she asked me to used water from Wet Chemistry department. And guess what, the chemist from Wet Chemistry looked unpleasant and constantly asked me what happen and said that he couldn't do his work because there was no water.

Wow, gosh, I nearly gone crazy. Working there, in my deparetment was giving me a lot of pressure. But luckily, the other staff in Wet Chemistry were good and they were totally different from the staff in my department. And my 'sifu', a lab technician who was in charge of sample preparetion (the Malay guy in the pic) was relly funny and no pressure working under him. He was the one who broke the rules!! When we(me and the staff in Wet Chem) talked and laughed together, they reminded me of BFians. Sharing crazy thoughts and jokes while maintaining profesionalism makes me felt like trancenting time to Form 6. What to say, I missed you guys and gals!!


Cheers,
Yin Ching

No comments: